CaniV-4 Test Kit
The Anigen Rapid CaniV-4 Test Kit is a chromatographic immunoassay for
qualitative detection of Dirofilaria immitis antigen, Ehrlichia canis antibody,
Antibody against Borrelia burgdorferi and Anaplasma phagocytophilum/Anaplasma platys antibody in canine serum, plasma or whole blood. The Anigen Rapid CaniV-4 Test Kit has two letters which are the test line (“T”) and the control line (“C”) on the surface of the device. The test line and control line in the result window is not visible before applying any swatch. The control line is a reference line indicating that the test is performing correctly. The control line has to appear every time the test is performed. If the target antigens and/or antibodies are present in the sample, a purple test line will appear on the results window. Highly selective recombinant antigen or antibody is used as capture or detector in the assay. These are able to detect Dirofilaria immitis antigen (HW Ag), Ehrlichia canis antibody (E.canis Ab), Borrelia burgdorferi antibody (Lyme Ab) and Anaplasma phagocytophilum/Anaplasma platys antibody (Anaplasma Ab) in the canine samples with high precision.
Materials required, but not provided
- The test kit is for canine use only. Do not use it for other animals.
- The test device is sensitive to both moisture and heat. take the test immediately after removing the test device from the foil pouch.
- Do not reuse test components.
- Apply sample and assay diluent vertically.
- Do not touch the membrane in the test device result window.
- Do not use the test kit beyond the stated expiration date marked on the package label
- Do not use the test kit if the bag is damaged or the seal is broken.
- Do not mix components from different lot numbers because the components in this kit have been tested for quality controls as a standard lot unit.
- All samples should be handled as if they were potentially infectious wear protective gloves while handling samples. Wash your hands well afterwards.
- Decontaminate and discard all samples, and reaction kits, and potentially safely handle contaminated materials in accordance with national and local regulations.
Storage and Stability
- Store the test kit at 2~30°C. DO NOT FREEZE.
- Do not store the test kit in direct sunlight.
- The test kit is stable within the expiration date marked on the package label.
- All reagents and samples should be at room temperature (15~30°C) before trial running.
- Remove the test device from the foil pouch and place it on a flat, dry surface.
- Use a disposable capillary tube, and add 20 µL of whole blood in each sample hole. EITHER, add 10 μl of serum/plasma into each sample hole using a micropipette twenty.
- Dispense 2 test drops of diluent into each sample hole.
- Start the timer. The sample flows through the results window. If it does not appear after 1 minute, add one more drop of assay diluent to the sample hole.
- Interpret test results at 15 minutes. Don’t read after 15 minutes.
- Although the Anigen Rapid CaniV-4 test kit is very accurate in detecting Heartworm antigens, Ehrlichia canis antibody, Borrelia burgdorferi antibody and Anaplasma phagocytophilum/Anaplasma platys antibody a low-level incidence of false results may occur. Other clinical and/or laboratory tests may be required if questionable results are obtained. Like other diagnostic tests, a definitive clinical diagnosis should not be based on the result of a single test but should be diagnosed by the vet after all Clinical and laboratory findings have been evaluated.
- The reading window may display a light pink background colouration; this will not affect the accuracy of the results.
- BioNote and its distributors are not responsible for the consequences of misuse or misinterpretation of the results given by the test.